Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

AKASAKA: Authentic Burger Joint... Where's the beef? Grumpy waitress and zombie chef. (Sony RX100).

For some reason there are very few burger joints in the Akasaka area.  Did a weekend Staycation nearby and got me a burger craving... Oh yes there is Authentic here!

Covid19 Coronavirus rules before you enter and greeted by a very moody waitress... no smiles.  I don't think she liked working here.

Menu in both English and Japanese


But went for the burger everyone raves about... well I did a slight rave but didn't take my advice about probably not going back during my visit 9 years ago.


First time to spot a THERMOS mug at a restaurant... I'm a Hydro Flask fan.  They had a great Hawaiian music station on the BGM.

Sat in the very back facing some cardboard shelves.  There is counter seating that faces the chef in action but I guess they try to avoid people sitting there due to coronavirus.


And here it is! My 1,360 yen Broccoli Burger! 

Came with some skinny fries.

A few bites and noticed the meat patty was so incredibly thin... it was almost the same thickness as the skinny french fries.  Well done, zero juiciness and it was such a disappointment. 

Where's the beef?  This was basically a salad sandwich with a side of thin meat... just imagine they sourced some McDonalds dollar menu burger patties and placed it gently into this 1,360 yen meal.


The dressing was totally ranch... yup salad sandwich are ye. 


Overall I gotta tell ya this burger was just not good.  But if you love soft broccoli there were loads of it inside.  I paid the grumpy waitress and drifted past the chef who didn't even bother to say thank you.  There are much better options in Tokyo... Just don't go here.

Restaurant: AUTHENTIC
Location: Near Akasaka or Tameike-Sanno Stations.
Address J: 東京都港区赤坂2-18-19 赤坂シャレー 1F
Address E:  Tokyo, Minato-ku, Akasaka 2-18-19

オーセンティック, ハンバーガー, サンドイッチ, 赤坂駅, 溜池山王駅, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, burgers, hamburger, cheese burger, chili, sony rx100, lunch, dinner, akasaka mitsuke, tameikesanno, rx100m3

No comments:

Post a Comment