Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, August 11, 2023

KOENJI: Tachinomi Banpaiya... The coziest of the bunch! Such a nice standing Izakaya to have a few drinks on the cheap. (Sony RX100)

So I almost full circle with the Banpaiya standing izakaya franchise! Koenji has soo many restaurants that I never really paid any attention to the name of this restaurant... finally stepped in!


Menu in Japanese outside.

Drink menu!

When I dine solo I am in and out in 30 minutes and tend not to eat too well.  
Notice the least expensive drink?

Food menu.

View from my tiny table for 2.  Thats the counter area and kitchen.

250yen Shochu Sour!  On the cheap chat.

Nice touch.  A little sliver of a lemon.

Todays fish special. One coin (500 yen) sashimi set. 


One Nikomi 150 yen.

One ara-jiru (fish soup) 110 yen.

I really need to start treating myself to some good food.

Add a little 7 spices spicy seasoning.


Wow they serve Whale here. Thats a pass for me.

Next up Aji Fry!

The 130 yen fish fry was pretty hearty.  At the supermarket these go for 200 yen.


Not too bad.

The main chef was really nice.  Said he occasionally helps out at the Nogata branch.









The damage! 640 yen! And they don't charge a Otoshi table mini appetizer fee. 

If you are on a budget and just want to enjoy a few cheap Japanese eats why not!  Its occasionally crowded but I think the turnover is quick.

Restaurant: Tachinomi Banpaiya Koenji Junjo
Restaurant J: 立呑み晩杯屋 高円寺純情
Address J: 東京都杉並区高円寺北3-23-11
Address E: 3 Chome-23-11 Koenjikita, Suginami City, Tokyo 166-0002
立ち飲み, 高円寺駅,  Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, sony rx100, dinner, pub, bar, cheap, sake, yakitori, sashimi, sushi, izakaya, standing bar, 

No comments:

Post a Comment