Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, May 18, 2013

ROPPONGI: Gatten Sushi Revisited... they got Rock and Rolls! I never knew~

Friend posted a pic of sushi from Hong Kong on Facebook and I couldn't resist... had to visit my favorite sushi spop.

Greeted with a chorus of "irasyaimasee" and Sushi Chef Miyamoto-san immediately asked me if I wanted 4 pieces of Chu-Toro.  Of course!

At 130yen each the BEST deal in Tokyo for melty soft Chu-Toro.

Miyamoto-san introduced me to their youngest sushi chef Shoji.  Its just a friendly atmosphere here.

At 8pm on a Saturday night I shared the shop with a few other foreigners.  So peaceful...

This might be a first... the Chef asked if I'd like a picture of myself at the counter.  Sure :)

Master at work.


Wasabi.

Recommended dishes of the day


Gave the regular 130yen  Maguro (Aka-mi) a try but the Chu-Toro was sooo good this night... I switched back.



Little did I know that on the flip side of the menu I've stared at for years was another filled with Rolls!  I think they have targeted the foreign clientele with this.

Fujiyama Roll....

Very interesting... Prosciutto Roll... not mine but for two foreign ladies sitting behind me.

And I close out the night with more Chu-Toro.

Theres a "bottle keep" system here too.

The Damage!  A very kind 1,370 yen or so.

I learned a few things today... Nearly all of the "gari" or ginger is imported from Taiwan.  The most year round balanced Tuna is from India.  Winter Tuna is the best fat builds up between the skin and their body to keep warm.

Another great evening at Gatten Sushi.


SHOP: Gatten Sushi 江戸前がってん寿司

Franchise Website: http://www.gatten.co.jp/gatten/
Foodie Website: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1307/A130701/13101346/

Address J: 東京都港区六本木6-1-3
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 6-1-3 (Just look for Outback Steakhouse 2F).
MAP:

View Larger Map
LABELS: BLOG, FOODIE, GATTEN, GATTEN SUSHI, JAPAN, MAGURO, ROPPONGI, SUSHI, TOKYO, 六本木, 六本木店, 江戸前がってん寿司

No comments:

Post a Comment