Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

SHIBUYA: Family Mart Shibuya Center Street... a quick drink to check out Gaijin Alley. TWITCH IRL Streamers. (Sony RX100M2)

First time in 2-3 years to visit Shibuya. 

During Covid I slowly stopped going out with friends and colleagues... Japan is very sensitive to getting infected and spreading the virus to family member so I started exploring indoor hobbies.  Started off with Youtube Japan live streams, then heavy into Clubhouse then recently discovered Twitch Japan IRL streamers.

This Family Mart has been featured on the news quite often as there are alot of foreigners who drink in  front of the convini even during the multiple waves of Covid19.  This spot is known as Gaijin Alley. 



Across from Family Mart is a very dark alley... aka Piss Alley.  I spotted a few small rats scurrying around.  Very few public restrooms in the area thus the name.  Sometimes people pass out here.


Foreigners who hang out here are quite global and seem to be open to drinking with anyone around.  Why not buy a cheap beverage and mingle. Many seem to be English teachers. 

Some of the Tokyo based IRL Streamers I follow...


If you know Japanese and enjoy drinking streams definitely watch IPIS いぴす


Lamborghini Huracán Performante spotting nearby...

Location: FamilyMart Subaru Shibuya Center Street Store
Location J: ファミリーマート スバル渋谷センター街店
Address J: 東京都渋谷区宇田川町25-4ダッキ-プラザ
Address E: Tokyo, Shibuya, Udagawa-cho 25-4
Japan, Japanese, twitch, foodie, yelp, bar, pub, cheap, convenience store, shibuya, shibs, yelp, tokyobelly, sony rx100m2, streamers, IRL, 

2 comments:

  1. I've been on that street numerous times. But I have never been in that Family Mart, and I don't think I ever would.
    I mean - I guess this is the agreed meet-up area for the Twitchers, but with all the superb beer bars in Shibuya; why settle for a lousy macro brew from the conbini cooler?
    Goodbeer Faucets Shibuya has a three-hour happy-hour weekdays & Sunday.
    The Aldgate has a coupon offer from Eok .jp. The last time I was there, I began chatting in English with a couple from Arizona. My laptop computer did not come out of my satchel.
    Definitely go back to Shibuya again. Please do better. 3=D}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people hanging out in front of Family Mart at either English teachers or students with small budgets. Guess thats why its popular for them.

      Delete