Email me if you have Questions:

Sunday, July 10, 2022

IKEBUKURO: Doma Doma Izakaya... The danger of being LINE friends. 880 yen Nomihoudai!! Asahi Pitchers!!! (Sony RX100M2)

Doma Doma Izakaya in Ikebukuro has a deal if you become LINE friends with their branch account... and this allows you to enjoy the 1500 yen all you can drink nomihoudai for 1200 yen. BUT! They occasionally send deals via LINE.  Do you see that circled in yellow!?  2 hours of all you can drink for only 880 if you arrive by 6pm! I WENT!! ALONE!! Who gets off work this early?

Of course first order ice cold beer! The glass was totally frozen but as the night went on I think they ran out and normal glasses appeared.  DRINK #1.  List price 420 yen! I`m halfway there!

Beer prices... now you can see the tremendous value of 880 yen all you can drink.


Arrived at 5:45pm and just a few booths were occupied.


Free Wifi... Located on 2F and 3F so no issues with cellular signal.

Automatic Otoshi appetizer... this was 396 yen.

Fine print on the tablet menu.


There has been a huge boom in take-away fried chicken "karaage"... a very popular choice is the Korean 양념치킨 Yangnyeom. 



About 5 pieces... basically fried chicken with spicy sauce.  

Drink #2... 580 yen. Love my bottled Asahi Beeru

Noticed the waitress walking around handing away these enameled drink Passports.. 777 yen for nomihoudai! OMG!  Thats like $5.67 ($1 USD - JPY 137)

Upon a closer look at home... I can use this as many times as I want! 
Thats why it says PASSPORT! LUCKY ME!! UNLUCKY LIVER!!

Fried Mana ray with mayo dip.

Next up Mojito! 490 yen... was very sweet.

Cocktail menu... lots of items to choose from.

Free extra red spice if you need. Also Mayo, oshibori, tabasco, water... etc.

Draft beer and Whisky Hi-Ball 420 yen... on a roll.






Soft drinks also available on the 880 yen all you can drink menu.

3rd draft beer 420 yen... 
My pro-drinking friend suggested I try the 一刻者 Ikkomon Shochu... its twice the price of my favorite Kurokirishima. On Amazon 1,454 yen a bottle (720ml)... if you want a bottle here its 2,849 yen. 

Ikkomon Imo (Potato) Shochu... 590 yen! 

Different alternatives for your Shochu.  Rock, mixed with soda, hot water, water or straight. 

On last order this message will pop up and a staff member will ask what you would like to close out the drinks with... 

The person who took my last drink order was the manager... I noticed pitcher beer was on the all you can drink menu.  I hesitantly asked if I could get that as my final order... he hesitantly said ok.  I felt so bad as when this pitcher arrived it was HUGE!  Easily 4 draft beers worth... 4 x 420 = 1680 yen! 


I absolutely struggled to finish this pitcher... UGH.  

The nice manager.



So for 880 yen I managed to drink 4,530 yen worth of Alcohol... seriously overdid it.  I have to admit these nomihoudai plans are so bad for the liver.  Anyways if you want to drink cheaply DomaDoma franchise Izakaya has the best balance of drinks a a variety of great food. 
FYI: Food items are always the same but the Nomihoudai specials can vary. Most charge a flat 1,500 yen but Ikebukuro is very competitive thus the amazing nomihoudai deal. 

Restaurant: Doma Doma Ikebukuro West Exit Branch
Restaurant J: 土間土間 池袋西口駅前店(どまどま)
Homepage: https://www.doma-doma.com/
Address J: 東京都豊島区西池袋1-13-1 タグリート池袋
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Nishi Ikebukuro 1-13-1
土間土間 池袋西口駅前店, 居酒屋、ダイニングバー, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, sony rx100m2, pub, bar, cheap drinks, ikebukuro, rikkyo, saint paul university, sashimi, yakitori, sushi, salad, sake, beer, 

No comments:

Post a Comment