Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, July 11, 2022

HIKARIGAOKA: Sakanaya Shun. Fresh fish market with lot of sashimi and sushi selections. Foodie friends go to spot for Fish. (Lumix TZ60)

I often bike around this area but had no idea there was a fresh fish market (mini tsukiji) in the residential area of Hibarigaoka. About 1300 meters from Hibarigaoka Station. 

]
The staff will chop up the fish any way you request. Seems like a free service. 


Lots of Tuna Maguro.

Ootoro and Chutoro.

Beginning of the sashimi and sushi options. 

Sooo tempted to get the 800 yen roll but nearly everything was paired with Salmon... not a fan.

More salmon... oh no. But I gotta give it a try next time. 



Family packs... very nice variety.

This was all me! 1,400 yen for maguro, chutoro and ootoro.  


Crab miso soup anyone?






Unfortunately my sushi got squashed into one side of the container.

Looked so much better at the shop.

Right?

Ootoro

Chutoro

Akami... Maguro

Ootoro was definitely melty soft.  But I think this summer heat melted alot of the fat on my way home.  Need to get a mini cooler next time.

Fairly thick Chutoro

And finally Akami.  

Every time I order a bit of sashimi at an Izakaya my foodie friend likes to criticize the quality. It kinda sucks when you are trying to enjoy a bit of seafood.  He suggested Sakanaya Shun and I think the cost performance was good... but eating sushi alone at home in non-ideal settings is a bit sad.  SO! Definitely go if you want to have something special with family but if you are lone diner then hit up a reasonable standing sushi spot... the overall experience is much better. 

Restaurant Supermarket: Sakanaya Shun
Supermarket J: 魚市場 旬
Address J: 東京都練馬区谷原4-11-5
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Yahara 4-11-5
谷原三丁目交差点, 光が丘駅, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, fish market, tsukiji, panasonic lumix tx60, tokyobelly, supermarket, seafood, cheap, fresh, 

No comments:

Post a Comment