Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, April 30, 2015

SHIBUYA: Suju Dining... 5000yen Full Course Dinner and view so ho-hum. Better to hit up the Shibuya Hikarie Branch ala'carte

Company dinner!  Suju's restaurant name is only written in Japanese so be on the lookout for huge rice bags at the entrance.

Only 2 types of draft beer 760yen and 800yen... beers lovers not so welcomed.

View from one of the semi-private tables.

Went for the 90m of Daiginjo sake on the very botom 980yen.

Nice poured at the talbe.

Then I bumped my sake cup and half ended on my lap...  oh! If you spill there are no kind refills so drink carefully.

I think this place is famous for miso but honestly most of the items in our course was nothing so special.  Probably the most fun item was this Tofu corokke.  Other items were boiled veggies with miso dip, carpaccio... wow a few days later and I totally forgot... nothing stood out.


At the end of the meal a copper pot arrives with fresh white rice... waitress mentioned it only takes 20 minutes to make this way.

Sweet and Sour Pork... this course menu sure was all over the place. 


Rice was excellent.


And of course I close out with the most premium non-course item dessert.  
Overall I don't see the attraction to this location and the set course menu was mediocre at best.  If you want to try Suju then definitely check out their Shibuya Hikarie brand and older individual items off their vast menu.  The sake list is huge and will hit the wallet so be careful:

Restaurant: Suju Dining Shin Marunouchi Bldg Branch
Address J: 東京都千代田区丸の内1-5-1 新丸の内ビルディング 5F
Address E: Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Marunouchi 1-5-1, Shin Marunouchi Bldg 5F
MAP:  https://goo.gl/maps/Llhdm

酢重DINING, すじゅうダイニング, 新丸の内ビル, 和食, Japan, Japanese, sake, nihonshu, jochu, canon s120, sony rx100, foodie, tokyobelly, yelp, Tokyo, marubiru, Tokyo station,

1 comment:

  1. I love to try Sweet and Sour Pork in every Boston restaurants where I go with my family. My family also love having it with cocktails. We just place order of this dish at very first round. We just love having it with fried rice sometimes.

    ReplyDelete