Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, April 11, 2015

GAIENMAE: Kaukau Cafe burger so good I went twice in 1 week! Gotta support the Aloha

I've passed by KauKau Cafe several times and its almost hidden in isolation. You would never know unless somebody told you about this restaurant or you randomly strolled on by.   By its location I only assumed that it would most certainly mediocre at at best... was I wrong.

There is a nice outside seating area, inside has a few tables against a huge glass wall and also the interior is lined with a long soft cushy bench that extends the whole wall.  Lots of nice Hawaiian artwork on display.

I have yet to find a place that serves a decent Loco Moco so that was a pass.  The breakfast with spam and eggs.... well I can make that at home.  So I arrived at the burger list.  150gram pattys!  Yeah, I'm sold.   It was nice to see the difference between a regular burger and a cheese burger was only 50yen.









Burger arrived with a huge bottle of ketchup and mustard.  One bite and I was very impressed.  The bread had a nice baked chewy texture much like BLACOWS in Ebisu and the patty at 150grams was perfectly chunky.  A giant piece of lettuce, tomato and slice of onion are placed on the plate so you can add what you like.  Oh the cheese nicely engulfed the entire burger... very cool.




I will definitely be back very soon for another burger but perhaps the Loco Moco.  Seems the same huge burger is placed on the Loco Moco too plus you get rice and egg.  I'm a fan!

Restaurant: Kaukau Cafe
Yelp Link: Click Here
Address J: 東京都新宿区霞ヶ丘町7-1 日本青年館 1F
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Kasumigaokamachi
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/Mbqph

カウカウ カフェ, ハワイ, Japan, Japanese, hawaii, spam, breakfast, lunch, aloha, hawaiian, canon s120, foodie, tokyobelly, Tokyo, burger, burgers, cheeseburger, pancake, coffee, cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment