Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, December 21, 2023

NAHA OKINAWA: Malta Suisan for some sushi rolls from a very friendly funny grandma... just had to buy from her. (Panasonic TZ60)


Brand new Maguro Fish market behind the original and larger Tormarin Fish Market in Okinawa.


There is a roof top deck with tables.

But my sole purpose to walk here was to try the very rare Hawaiian Poke in Okinawa.
One of my favorite Okinawa Foodie Youtubers introduced this new Poke spot but when I got there its only available on Saturdays from 11am.  UGH!





This grandma was so funny... I asked her about the sushi rolls and she said they were probably very good but never tried them.  Then said a pretty girl probably made the rolls.... but she did mention they were outsourced.  I decided to not have it but she was so sweet I had to go back and buy them!

Great 2nd floor outdoor seating with views of the water






Sushi Rolls!  Smelled kinda like Iron... you know that strange smell that I rarely encounter in Japan.


Tasted a bit like metal... honestly just ate the fish with shoyu and wasabi.  Totally left the rice alone.




Anyways if you like Hawaiian Poke remember its only available on Saturdays from 11am!  I will take my revenge again on my next visit to Okinawa.

Leave you with this days Sunset at Naminoue Beach

Restaurant: Maguro Shijo - Maruta Suisan
Restaurant J: なはまぐろ市場 マルタ水産
Address J: 沖縄県那覇市港町1-1-1 泊魚市場仲買人直売センター
Address E: 1 Chome-1-1 Minatomachi, Naha, Okinawa 900-0001
美栄橋駅, 孫六 ShowerTV, 駐車場, Hawaii Poke, ハワイ ポキ ポケ, Okinawa, Naha, seafood, market, tsukiji, lumix panasonic tz60, iphone 12 mini, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, sushi, sashimi, cheap, 

No comments:

Post a Comment