Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, March 29, 2019

GAIENMAE: Hanai Sushi... you just can't beat Sushi Lunch deals! 1,800 yen = Amazing! But service Rude! (SONY RX100)

Client Lunch! So we headed down the block from the office for a little sushi.

On the menu there was a 1,200 yen, 1800, 3000 and 5000 yen sushi set plus the daily special that is limited to only 6 dishes for 1,800 yen which is kind of like a sushi bowl.  3 of the guests went for the sushi bowl but no way was I going to mix up all my fish on a sole bed of rice.  Thus 1,800 yen set for me!

Wow this tuna had such a great meaty texture... oh so yuuuummmm!

Other items included egg, ika, ikura and a few seasoned pickled veggie rolls

What another tuna for me!

All together I had 3 different kinds of tuna/maguro and each with a very different texture.  Nothing was mushy here... soooooo yum fresh!

Under the dried fish savings was a bit of boiled green spinach like veggies.

Interestingly they played Mozart and classical music in this sushi spot... was quite a mismatch.


This was the sushi bowl that 3 other guests had. Really?  Why would you want to mix up all your fresh fish into one bowl on a bed of one huge rice serving.  I was super happy with my choice.  Food was amazing but unfortunately the service really sucked balls... the waitress rude and really liked to reach over everyones plates while we were eating and hurried us as we tried to enjoy the lunch.  Overall a word I would not like to use but reminded me of Seinfelds soup nazi episode. BUT YOU GOTTA GOOOO! SOOOO Worth 1,800 yen!!

On this day the roof of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Stadium was this much completed... a little more until they fully seal the roof?

Restaurant: Hanai Sushi
Address J: 東京都港区南青山2-19-1
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Minami Aoyama 2-19-1

花井鮨 南青山, はないずし, 寿司, 魚介料理, 海鮮料理, 外苑前, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, sake, lunch, dinner, sony rx100, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly,

No comments:

Post a Comment