Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

GAIENMAE: Fukulan Taiwanese Gyoza's by 2 friendly older ladies... Gyoza and Shumai"s for 700yen a set.

This tiny Gyoza place is hugely popular and rarely do I see a seat open.  On a random Tuesday night I peeked inside and there were only 2 diners! My chance has arrived.

The windows are always quite moist in the winter.

Meet the elderly waitress catching a few zzzz"s

There are 2 types of Gyozas, ramen, wonton noodles etc...

The Kirin beer had an unusually looooong neck... seemed quite big. 700yen.


Slowly some diners started to enter.

The standard Gyoza. I think it is first friend then later placed in some kind of sauce.
Very tasty but quite unique to me.



And next the shumai steamed dumplings.


These were pretty much huge balls of ground meat with mushrooms.

The sole lady chef making some ramen.


I got to chatting with the elderly chefs for a good hour and on my way out she gave me some oranges. If you speak a little Japanese definitely strike up a conversation... they were nice.

Restaurant: Fuluran
Address J: 東京都渋谷区神宮前3-39-4
Address E: Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Jingumae 3-39-4
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/61Snqt94PaS2

福蘭, フクラン,  餃子, 飲茶, 点心, 担々麺, 外苑前, Japan, japanese, Tokyo, Sony RX100, foodie, tokyobelly, noodles, ramen, tantanmen, taiwan, pot stickers,

No comments:

Post a Comment