Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, December 19, 2015

GAIENMAE: Mizugameya Restaurant for our company year end Bonenkai dinner.... very expensive beer!

I recently joined a Trading company and its my first every Japanese firm... I'm been solely with foreign firms but now I try out the traditional year end Japanese traditional Bonenkai team dinner.

I use to work near here at my former firm and always noticed this little elderly chef puffing away right outside the kitchen... not too sure if its very sanitary.  Was quite worried about this sushi.

Winter food... Oden




The highlight of the dinner for me... rolls.


Now for the beer!  It was 450yen for a small draft beer and a whopping 750yen for a mug! Holy smokes!  I have never seen prices this high at any Izakaya before... wow. Bottles were very high at 700yen (normally between 500-600yen).








Overall the food was very ho-hum... and bill so expensive.  In Japanese companies you pay a share according to your seniority in the firm... and I guess I'm up there as my fee was 8,000 yen!  Ugh... Oh but my co-worker said he's been coming here for 20 years for their tasty Natto.

And I leave you with a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 spotting!


Restaurant: Mizugameya 
Address J: 東京都港区北青山2-9-17
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Kita Aoyama 2-9-17

水瓶屋 , みずがめや, 外苑前, Japan, Japanese, foodie, sushi, sashimi, izakaya, canon s120, pentax k-30, Tokyo, sake, beer, lunch, dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment