Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

OYAMA: Uobei by Genki Sushi! Wow this might be my new favorite budget Sushi... maybe better then Kura Sushi! (Sony RX100, iPhone 12 mini)

Ive passed by Uobei a few times but there was always a crowd so I never ventured inside.  But during my evening walks I try to find somewhere budget to eat.
 
This night I was seated right away!




Of course if the Maguro is good than its a great indicator that everything will be good. I mean how can you not put any effort into the most basic and popular sushi.


Look how big the cuts are! Sooooo good.

Free Green Tea


Add a bit of wasabi on top.  Please dont mix it into shoyu and dip the sushi into it. Its not the way of the Japanese.


Then squirt a few drops of shoyu on the top of the sushi.

Thick cuts too!  Much thicker than Kura Sushi.




My 2nd plate! Only 130 yen!!


Torched Maguro with Pepper Mayo topping! 140 yen
びん長まぐろペッパーマヨ炙り

Wow... the pepper mayo was soooo tasty.  Love sushi thats slightly torched.

Super thick! Wow!


2nd plate! 

I usually max out around 4-5 plates.  Just needed a spot to rest up a bit and head out to complete my evening walk.


Grand Total! 540 yen! Totally worth it.

I always had a negative image of Genki Sushi but this Uobei branded shop was amazing! Definitely go if you are in the area or spot another branch. There is one in Shibuya https://www.genkisushi.co.jp/search/map.php?id=232

Restaurant: UOBEI Oyama Shop
Restaurant J: 魚べい 大山店
Address J: 東京都板橋区大山東町20-4-52
Address E: Tokyo, Itabashi-ku, Oyama Higashicho 20-4-52

寿司、回転寿司、海鮮, Japan, Japanese, Foodie, Yelp, Tokyobelly, bar, pub, sashimi, sony rx100, iphone 12 mini, dinner, cheap, kaiten sushi, 

No comments:

Post a Comment