Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

SHIBUYA: Kaithong Tokyo for all you can eat Pakuchi (Coriander)! And of course their yum Khao man gai (ข้าวมันไก่). (Sony RX100)

After my haircut in Omotesando I took the 30 minute walk to Shibuya for a tasty Khao Man Gai lunch.

I loooove hainanese chicken rice but rarely get a chance to eat it as its quite difficult to find any Singaporean restaurants in Tokyo.  Ordered the Khao Man Gai with large portion of rice (plus 50 yen) and substituted my clear chicken broth soup for that with bones and bits of chicken.

By chicken bone soup!  All kinds of parts in here.

All you can eat Pakuchi and spicy chili sauce.

Here we go!  The rice was so flavorful.

Bones bones bones... but there are edible pieces of chicken on here, you just gotta suck on them.


Found the chicken to be a bit dry.  Oh well.

On the BGM!  London Calling by The Clash, Live Forever by Oasis... 

I tried to snap a discreet shot with my Nikon D7100 but the focus was so slow... the chef turned around when the focus finally fixed. Its the 2nd time this has happened... he sure is aware of his surroundings.  Should have stuck to my RX100 or the lightning quick Canon s120.


Pour some of the spicy sauce on the pakuchi for a bit of salad.




Overall I really like the food here, the atmosphere is so cozy simple and if in Shibuya you gotta go!  I wonder how much this would cost in Thailand?

Today's super car spotting... Lamborghini Huracan. 


 Restaurant: Kaithong TOKYO
Tabelog Foodie: https://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1303/A130301/13168980/
Address J: 東京都渋谷区渋谷3-15-2
Address E: Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Shibuya 3-15-2
MAP:  https://goo.gl/maps/4csLVG9mdWCrTmZSA

ข้าวมันไก่, ガイトーンTokyo, タイ料理, 渋谷, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, foodie, yelp, singapore, tokyobelly, cheap, lunch, dinner, budget, thailand, sony rx100, chicken, Kaithong Tokyo, 渋谷,

No comments:

Post a Comment