Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, June 13, 2019

IKEBUKURO: TGIFridays for their 5-7pm 50% Of Happy Hour.... and buffalo chicken bites with celery! (SONY RX100)

Its so rare to get anything buffalo wing related in Tokyo but there is always TGI Fridays!

All drinks are 50% off including bottled beer from 5-7pm but need to sit at the bar.

This night there were several single elderly men, a few girls and a couple on a date.

950 yen for a large draft beer. Half and half here!


Buffalo bites are no longer on the menu but they will make it for you! 890 yen.



Now had to try the most expensive drink on the menu... 1,200 yen Ultimate Mojito.  I would never order this at regular price, I would just go a few steps away to Koike Izakaya for 130 yen drinks!



Or... for 1,200 yen this is what you can get at your local supermarket!

2 six packs of Japanese 3rd beer for 1,200 yen... Family living in Japan can be very wallet friendly... the expense only comes about when you dine out.  Everything pictured was 1,700 yen.

You can get additional blue cheese for free.



Lots of great shakes.


They use paper straws here! First time ever to see this in Japan.

Other than the 10% service charge they added to my surprise this place is a great spot for 50% off drinks!  Think the bottled beers are the best value.



Restaurant: TGI Fridays Ikebukuro Branch
Address J: 東京都豊島区東池袋1-21-13 aune池袋
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Higashi Ikebukuro 1-21-13

T.G.I. FRIDAY'S 池袋店, ティージーアイ フライデーズ, アメリカ料理, ステーキ, バル・バール, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, pub, british, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, beers, draft, craft beer, cocktails, izakaya, sony rx100, sony Nex-C3, fisheye,

1 comment:

  1. TGIFriday has a pretty good legacy here in the U.S.A.
    It was the final owner of the Dubuque Star Brwy. in Dubuque, Iowa in the middle 1990s. It also had the capacity to contract brew other people's craft beers, including some which were very good, and one which was actually titled "Föëcking"! This brewing operation did not last long (Can you deduce why?), but a can of its brew turned up in a Portland, Oregon brewpub that I visited years later.
    The other reason I appreciate it is in December 2011, when I came to Japan to cover the FIFA Club World Cup; I did not bring enough cash, and was then hit with the worst exchange rate I have ever gotten ($1 = ¥88.2). I needed breaks until I could get a cash advance against one of my credit cards. The TGIFriday in Yokohama had a coupon it would honor, and it accepted a credit card. When I would tweet this activity, I included the Twitter hashtag "#reprieve".

    ReplyDelete