Email me if you have Questions:

Sunday, October 9, 2016

KOENJI: Fatzs Burger for lunch on a National Holiday... its was totally empty at noon! I agreed after eating the burger... empty is about right.


I have always wanted to try a burger at FATZ's that I thought was owned by an American chef... but this day I arrived at 12 sharp and young Japanese chef that looked around 19-20 and another guy with long hair were smoking.  I don't really want to see my chefs smoking cigarettes in the kitchen before my meal.

The menu outside shows a bunch of great burgers...



But the menu was a total mix and match yourself. No lunch specials so if you really want the best mix it will start to cost you more that it should.   350yen (includes bun, cole slaw, fries), 120 gram patty 400yen, Tomato/Lettuce/Onion 150yen.




Lunch soft drinks seemed a bit pricey 400-600yen... Since I didnt order a drink I heard the kitchen tap running for a moment out came my free Tokyo tap water.  Ho hum...


Calypso on the BGM

I went for the basic hamburger set for 950yen.



My 120 gram burger looked juicy but it was just too thin to hold any of the juiciness.  The 120 gram patty is 400 yen and the 200 gram is 750yen (only for the beef).  The patty had no flavor and texture so normal.  It just didn't impress at all... didn't help to see the long haired chef keep rubbing his face with his hands and no sign of him washing his hands... 

A little bit of mustard on the bottom of the bun.

While I was eating this little bug fell dead right next to me.

Overall this burger was extremely mediocre at best and for 500yen sure its worth it but for 950yen absolutely not.  It was empty when I arrived the couple that came in at 12:30 were also first timers.  In a very busy Koenji there were no regulars here... a very bad sign for me.  Don't bother folks.

Restaurant: Fatz's Burger
Address J: 東京都杉並区高円寺北3-21-19 ライオンズプラザ高円寺 1F
Address E:  Tokyo, Suginami-ku, Koenji 3-21-19

ファッツ, ハンバーガー, 高円寺, Japan, Japanese, foodie, tokyo, canon s120, burgers, chili, cheese, avocado, yelp, tokyobelly, cheese burger, hamburger, 

No comments:

Post a Comment