Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, February 20, 2016

IKEBUKURO: Shinsen Maratan... Chinese Ramen: select your toppings, one of 3 noodles and spiciness... HOT!

This little Chinese noodle restaurant is always busy! All the time! So out of curiosity I had to give it at try...

Upon entering I was no longer in Japan... most of the customers were Chinese and I had no idea what to do.  The Chinese waitress pointed to a what looked like a min-supermarket chilled shelf with veggies, meats and seafood selections.  I stared at it for a bit then she said I needed to get a basked and select at least 3 items (100yen each).  I went for some basic veggies to later notice there was shrimp and more value items.

I got the "piri-kara" broth (slightly spicy hotness).   The Chinese couple sitting next to me must have gotten the super spicy as their soup was bright red. 

A few bites and boy this was spicy!  380yen for the Chinese ramen and 3 toppings for 300yen... about 680yen.  I think you will get better value at any Japanse ramen shop.   A few hours later my stomach wasn't feeling too well.  Wow... spicy.  This must be some kind of comfort food for the local Chinese... very busy.

Restaurant: Shinsen Maratan
Address J: 東京都豊島区西池袋1-38-2
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Nishi Ikebukuro 1-38-2
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/Us8Bcz5DcfB2

四川麻辣湯, 中華麺, 四川料理, 中華料理,  Japan, Japanese, China, Chinese, noodles, foodie, cheap, hot, lunch, dinner, hotpot, beer,

1 comment:

  1. Was there a purpose for the three items you were compelled to buy?
    Did they go into the ramen?
    Or was this just a bill padding for the operation?
    However you put this; I will avoid this shack.

    ReplyDelete