Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, June 17, 2013

SAKURADAI: Shima-Jikan (Island Time) Okinawan Lunch... The VOLUME!


Okinawa is always close to my heart and I'm always up for supporting small Oki restaurants in Tokyo... rarely to you see franchise shops so its mostly owner/chef establishments.

Lunch Menu... fairly reasonable.  Went for the Taco Rice with 1/2 Size Okinawan Soba 730yen.

They have 10 daily steak-bowl lunchese for 590yen.  Might have to give that a try next time.

Lots of table, sit down and counter seating.


Dinner Menu... Taco Rice is 650 yen so lunch is a deal.

And so my selection arrived after lots of beeps resounding from the microwave oven...


This Taco Rice was massive... I mean it was just waaaaay too big.  Flavor hmm... but all the veggie toppings were crunchy fresh.  Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumbers...

1/2 size Okinawan Soba hit the spot... a bit on the too salty side but good enough.

Seasoned pickles.

Taco Rice layers... too much rice for me.

Happy hour beers are 250yen and sours 200yen til 6pm.

Selection of Okinawan Awamori and Sake from 350yen.

I had all bars on my iPhone in this basement restaurant... nice nice.

In the shadows of amazing Hagan Ramen sits Shima-Jikan Izakaya.  Overall if you are into Volume then this is the place to visit for lunch... after my 30 minutes there I started to feel a bit claustrophobic like being in a dungeon... rarely feel this way but it just seemed like I was in another world.  Probably won't return as the food was mediocre at best but always have to support Okinawan spots.

Shop: Shima-Jikan Sakuradai 居酒屋 島じかん 桜台
Twitter: https://twitter.com/qqxw8des9
Address J: 東京都 練馬区 桜台1-8-4 丸菱ビル B1
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakuradai 1-8-4, B1
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment