Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, June 11, 2022

OSAKA NANBA: Ippoutei Honten (Main Branch) for their famed fluffly Shumai Dumplings! Sooo filling (Sony RX100M2)

 

As all of my followers know I`m not that Expat kind of foodie in Tokyo but more of a cost performance local kinda guy... so I stumbled on one of the most highly rated restaurants on Japans version of YELP called Tabelog... Ippoutei Honten  一芳亭 本店


My passed by so many tempting restaurants on my way here... Osaka is foodie heaven.


Take out window next to the entrance. 

The food Set Menu... 

But you can also order the same items without the soup and rice set. 


I notices all these trays on a every high shelf.. will reveal later. 

Old skool order processing machine that spits out tickets. 



Ebi-Ten Tishoku is all me... Shrimp Tenpura Set.

My Ebi-Ten (shrimp tempura) and Shumai Teishoku arrives, 

5 Pork Shumai balls! Thy were so fluffy not like an Italian meatball but lighter.  These little balls might bounce if you drop them on the floor then bounce into your mouth... doh


Tiny shrimps hidden in this tempura batter... this was sooo filling.  Rice, Noodles and Powerder based foods are cheap and filling. 


Couldnt place this soup... a tad on the salty side. 


Sweet pickled daikon white raddish... 

Osaka serves huge bottled Asahi Beers. 


Had this massive AC unit next to me... kept me cool. 

They have Onigorishi (Kill the Devil) Nihonshu... this is cheapest most effective Nihonshu sake.  Can buy 2 liters for about 700 yen!  I admit I reently bought one for the first time. 

These are the shumai dumplings on the top shelf... the waitress brought the trays down and placed them into these wooden boxes.  Guess they are going to get steamed. 

No Smoking! YES!!

Overall the atmosphere, friendly waitress, volume of food and chill setting was spot on great.  If you are in the Nanba area of Osaka give this place a try!  There is a bit of a line on the weekends but worth the wait.  GOGO!

Restaurant: Ippoutei Honten
Restaurant J: 一芳亭 本店
YELP: YELP Link
Address J: 大阪府大阪市浪速区難波中2-6-22
Address E: Osaka, Naniwa-ku, Nanbanaka 2-6-22

一芳亭 本店 イッポウテイ, 中華料理、飲茶・点心, 南海なんば駅, 大阪市営地下鉄, しゅうまい, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, kansai, sony rx100m2, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, cheap, dinner, lunch, beer, plate lunch, dumplings, chinese, 

No comments:

Post a Comment