Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

EKODA: Harubaru Izakaya... newly opened! Great food, atmosphere and friendly bilingual waitress. (Sony RX100M2)

I have an almost nightly routine of walking 10 kilometers and I often pass thru Ekoda... this night I noticed a brand new cozy Izakaya.  Located right next to COBRA Bar.



SOOO Unusual to find Okinawan Awamori IMUGE... this shochu was a long lost recipe that was recreated a few years ago.  A favorite among Okinawan nobility. 



There was no English menu but the young waitress was fluent in English and super friendly.


Sapporo Red Star beer... my fav. 

Cozy counter seating.  I sat right in front of the yakitori grill... view of the chef at work. 

Automatic otoshi was chestnuts.  Haven`t had this in years.

One of the recommended items. Sushi platter with ika (squid) and some kind of fish. 

Little guitar used as a chopstick place holder. 


Of course when Tsukune! Its like a minced chicken on a stick. 


Another recommendation was the menchi katsu.  Very crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. 

Great American BGM playing

Do see those Green Sake Bottles used as lamps along the counter?


The guy sitting next to me offered me a cup of sake.  Thanks!





Orders taken on an iPhone. Overall this place was just so cozy... a very easy spot to dine alone at the counter and all the food was good.  I asked the chef if this was a Yakitori spot and he said its more of an Izakaya.  Anyways if in the area definitely goooo.

Restaurant: Harubaru Izakaya
Restaurant J: はぎばる
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町40-12
Address E:  Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakaecho 40-12
はぎばる, 居酒屋, 江古田駅, Japan, Japanese, foodie, tokyobelly, sony rx100m2, yelp, pub, bar, dinner, skewers, reasonable, Ekoda, 

No comments:

Post a Comment