Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, August 6, 2021

OKUBO: Shun Yaoya Grocer... stunning deals on asian bento`s after 7pm! HUGE Asian clientele!! (Sony RX100 / Nikon D7100)

To lose a bit of weight I`ve started walking daily since March and on one of my routes I spotted this tiny grocer in total disrepair but their Asian bento deals at regular prices were so reasonable!  But little did I know that at exactly 7pm everything is 50% off!

This Butter Curry is just stunning!  Its so creamy and flavorful!  It totally reminds me of Samrat Indian Restaurants butter chicken curry. 


OMG! Look at that wonderful color. 

Cheese nan spot on YUM!

Chicken wrap... has a nice subtle salad dressing flavor. 

First time ever to try Bhatta Sadeko and I am hooked! Loved the texture of the beans. 

YUP! A nicely sized portion of butter chicken for only 299 yen but I paid 150 yen!

The proof in the receipts.  If you are a starving student or just love fabulous deals on bento`s there is NO other place to go!  BUT BEWARE! It is a tiny grocer and INCREDIBLY packed at 7pm... You will definitely rub shoulders with multiple people during your visit.  Clientele is about 80% Asian (Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Indian) and 19% Japanese then there is 1% American guy.  In my multiple visits I totally the only white dude.  I go a few times a \week... GOGOGO!!!

Restaurant Grocer: SHUN Yaoya
Address J: 東京都新宿区百人町1-17-10 常陽ビル 1F
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Hyakunincho 1-17-10
旬 八百屋, 弁当, アジア, エスニック料理, 大久保駅, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, korea town, Sony RX100, foodie, tokyobelly, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, grocery store, vegetables, cheap, lunch, dinner, take out,

No comments:

Post a Comment