Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, May 31, 2021

NAKA OKACHIMACHI: Roh-Shu old style Chinese izakaya... comfort food 500 yen take out bento! (Nikon D7100)

I`ve been walking on average 11 kilometers a day and kinda starving myself for the past 2 months... but when I spotted Roh-Shu*s 500 yen bento I just had to give it a try. 


Went for the Char-Siu bento.  Thought maybe it was something that was stewed to a super tender state but it was actually a block of pork that's sliced and popped in the microwave. 



Just loved this atmosphere. All Chinese staff and kinda reminded me of Hong Kong.  

First time ever to see this type of bento pack.  The cashier used a device that automatically seals the top with a thin layer of plastic.  Leave it to the Chinese to invent something so clever. 

The chubby chef carefully lined up the pork!  A+ for presentation!

Overall its not a flavor you commonly find in Japan and just loved it.  Very generous portion of rice. If in need of a bento why not give this spot a try!  Might have to try their dine*in next time. 

Restaurant: Roh Shu Old Style Chinese Izakaya
Address J: 東京都台東区上野5-10-12
Address E: Tokyo, Taito City, Ueno  5-10-12
老酒舗, ロウシュホ, 中華料理, 居酒屋, 御徒町駅, 上野御徒町駅, JR御徒町駅, 老北京酒館, Japan, Japanese, China, Chinese, Nakaokachimachi, okachimachi, ueno, nikon d7100, foodie, yelp, tokyobelly, lunch, cheap, dinner, budget, family friendly.

1 comment:

  1. Steve D; it is from another Steve D that I respond. First of all, I am glad to see you have resumed posting on this weblog. Second, I am distraught that Japan is, from an overseas vista, seriously lagging at vaccinating people versus COVID-19. Here in the U.S.A., we were abysmal in our consideration of how lethal was this virus, but despite this becoming (and in some extent, still is) a partisan political issue, we are just about to go to "Phase 5", which is the closest to pre-COVID-19 we aspire.
    Japan needs to cease waiting for a domestic-based laboratory to produce a vaccine which will subdue this virus. Import the vaccine from the U.S.A. There are three which would be sufficient, lest Japan worry about bestowing a financial bonanza to one specific overseas corporation. I got the Moderna vaccine, which was a two-dose vaccine. After the second one, I did have the side effect of fatigue. But I was not going anywhere that day anyhow.
    Have you been vaccinated? How much of Japan has been vaccinated?
    I have not been to Japan since September 2017. If F.I.F.A. (yes, that F.I.F.A.) presents the Club World Cup there in December, I would like to apply to cover it. But if doing so will involve a lengthy quarantine - which could be construed as wanting to minimize non-Japanese reportage - I (and I surmise most others) will not be able to afford it.
    If I do manage to get there in December, you are on the chart of English-language bloggers I want to meet in person.
    And you need to report the previous respondent to this weblog post.

    ReplyDelete