Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

KOENJI: Sempre Pizza da Giovanni for 280yen Marina Pizza!

Recently there have been a few random super low budget pizzeria's opening in Tokyo and I'm fairly certain it all started with Napoli's in early 2012.  

But I somehow got wind of this spot serving 280yen Marinara Pizzas... just had to give it a try.

Menu starts from 280yen with no drink or salad... just Pizza and free water.  For more close-ups on the menu just click HERE

The seating area almost reminded me of a very basic cafeteria... not much money was spent on the interior bu then again this is probably the most fast-food pizzeria you will ever encounter.


Long counter for standing.

And there it was... my 280yen Marinara Pizza with a nice spinkle of garlic slices.


The size is 25cm's but its quite small compared to most 1,000yen lunch Pizzeria's (that usually include a drink, salad and espresso).  

The crust was decently chewy... garlic and red pepper infused olive oil helped it along.

Gas Oven.



Hmm... All I can say its a nice alternative to McD's, Yoshinoya or Taco Yaki... but it will definitely leave you craving a second lunch. I think I'd rather pay more for the comfy atmosphere of Frey's with salad/espresso vs a lonely 280yen Pizza on wooden seats. Oh! A big negative factor... no view of the pizza chef at work from the rear seating area...

Shop: Sempre Pizza da Giovanni:
Address J: 東京都杉並区高円寺北3-25-25 天名家ビル1F
Address E:  Tokyo, Suginami-ku, Koenji Kita 3-25-25
MAP: 

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment