Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

TOSHIMAEN: Tappost Ciaolo Pizzeria... Cute Interior, Overbearing service and lackluster small lunch pizzas.

Walking thru Toshimaen and decided to take a peek at a fairly highly foodie ranked 3.51 pizzeria... they were giving out small boiled potato dipped in bagna calda and their friendliness lured me in.

Only 2 offerings of Pizza... the Margherita and Marinara that comes with a choice of drink for 850yen.

Female Chef busy at work but seemed unusually clumsy and seemed too young and inexperienced... not like the many Chefs that actually worked at Pizzerias in Italy and bring over their skill.  The pizza oven is not a wood burning but a gas oven.

Mozzarella cheese used was unusually sliced...normally it in chunks and the chef will break it apart on top of the pizza.  

As I was waiting for my pizza one female lady (perhaps the manager) was overbearing... kept talking to me or should I say kept pestering me.

Just didn't feel it.  Lunch pizza's were all Small... first bit... second bite... this pizza really had no life to it.  I had no breakfast this day and anything decent would have made me light up and smile... but not here.

Better off buying a 200yen pizza at the supermarket.


After my first bit of the first slice I really regretted adding carbs to my waist on such poorly made pizza.  The only nice aspect of this spot was the immaculately clean interior and a small deli section to buy sliced meats.  I assume the high foodie ranking is due to the local's that rarely go out to the amazing shops in Roppongi or Azabu Juban. 

Shop: Tappost Ciaola EnoGastronomia
Foodie Website:  http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1321/A132102/13117452/
Address J: 東京都練馬区練馬4-15-18
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Nerima 4-15-18
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment