Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, November 26, 2012

IKEBUKURO: Mendokoro Hanada ramen... Chinese stir-fry meets Japanese miso ramen~

Was in Ikebukuro and checked to foodie rankings for a ramen spot and came across the town's #2 ranked Mendokoro Hanada with some great reviews

Top left corner is all me!


Free toppings... Extra veggies, garlic and for lunch you get a tiny bowl of dry rice!

The extra garlic... about the size of a 500yen coin.

Free tiny bowl of rice was super dry... so decided to put it into my ramen soup at the end of the meal.

It was a first for me.  Saw the chef stir fried bean sprouts and cabbage in a wok then he added the base soup and a scoup of miso paste... the veggies were nice and soft but reminded me of being in a Chinese restaurant.

One slice of soft pork.


The noodles were very chunky and abit on the al'dente side thru the hole meal... didn't soften up at all due to the luke warm soup. But the soup was very flavorful probably due to the scoup of miso paste.

Free red spice

Overall I was ready to quit after half of my meal... it was an interesting concept to stirfry everything together then pour it onto the noodles but I definitely won't get any cravings for this spot.

Between lowly ranked 2.97pts Ichiban Ramen and that free standing ashray... yup dude is taking a cigarette break. 

American Eagle opening up in Ikebukuro~.

Shop: Mendokoro Hanada
Address J: 東京都豊島区東池袋1-23-8
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Higashi Ikebukuro 1-23-8
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment