Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, November 19, 2012

IKEBUKURO: Bankara Ramen... who poured honey in my soup? Crazy Sweet!!

Now which ramen to hit up to end the night in Ikebukuro...

Bankara!? How did I not learn my lesson from the other Bankara in this neighborhood?

The entrance to this Bankara was huge and very welcoming.  Counter seats with views of the ramen masters at work and there was a great table spot by the entrance for some people watching.

Lots of fresh garlic


And here was my ramen!  There was a hint of sweetness unlike any other ramen I've tried... but it didn't phase me too much because I added some ground red pepper my soup base.

Flavored egg is always great.

Pork very tender and melty...

Red pepper.

This was my friend Scott's Tsuke-Men... At the end of the meal he still had nearly off of his soup left.  I asked why and he said give it a try... this was so incredibly sweet... as if someone poured waaaay too much honey into it.  I have never had ramen soup like this before.  


Overall it was a miss due to the unusual sweetness of the ramen but the semi-lowly foodie ranking of 3.17 may have been a good indicator to move on.  

Shop: Bankara East Exit Shop
Shop Website:  http://bankara.jp/
Foodie Website:  http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1305/A130501/13019216/
Address J: 東京都豊島区東池袋1-13-10
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Higashi Ikebukro 1-13-10
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment