Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

EKODA: Oomiya SeiNiku Shop... Nostalgic mom and pop Corokkes :)


I've walked past this butcher on my random walks thru Ekoda's neat little old style shopping alleys and always peek into this shop...

As I stood on the side of the shop glancing at the different types of corokke's this little old lady about 70 or so peeked over to check on me... meaning to try the corokke here how could I walk away?  The corokkes start at a very very reasonable 67yen so I was in for two.

Lots of great looking marbled meats...

Sure would like to take this home.



The outer bread had a very nice chewiness to it and the corroke inside (think its like mashed potato, melted onions and ground pork) had a very nice chewy thick creamy texture that simply didn't fall apart... It just felt so homemade versus Seiyu's 47yen mass produced brand.  There is somethings special about buying from an elderly couple that seems to have been holding this shop down for 40-50 years.  I'll definitely be back for more!

Since my move I rarely see any more exotics... hello 2012/2013 R35 GT-R!

REVISITED a few days later!  Asked the nice old grandma if they had any more potato corokke and she said it was all old out... how can we no cheer on this shop with such friendly owners.
(A video I took on August 23, 2014)


So got the mini hotdog rapped in something, a menchi-katsu corokke and a breaded Ham (that for some reason tasted like RAID cockroach spray...hmm).  Anyways nothing beats the 67yen potato corokke but get there early!

Shop: Ooimiya Sei Niku Shop
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町37-16
Address E:  Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakae-cho 37-16
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment