Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, January 4, 2019

HARAJUKU: Tonkatsu Shotaro on Jan 4th! Katsu in Japanese means to Win... traditional lunch with the team.

My boss has this tradition to goto the temple of war in Harajuku then head to Tonkatsu Shotaro in super busy Harajuku cat street for Tonkatsu.  




3 directors joined us and it was on their tab so instead of the regular 980 yen menu I went level up... the Mentaiko-Cheese Filet Katsu!   I worked pretty hard in 2018 to order this. 

Some appetizers.. sliced onion. 


Japanese love cucumbers.  This had a delicious umeboshi dip.

We were a group of 20 and all took turns about what we want to accomplish in 2019.  For me it was to be a better man.  Attempt to cook new foods, back to the gym and of course get married!


This is all me!

One day we can drink beer and nihonshu for lunch.

Lunch set comes with the main dish, miso soup and rice.

OMG! This mentaiko cheese filet katsu was so tasty and the pork super tender!  Yum.

Pickles... think it was seasoned daikon. 

Guy next to me ordered the regular Filet Katsu... this is always my to go vs the Rosu-Katsu that is more meaty and not as tender.   If in super hectic Harajuku Cat Street you goto pop in for some peace and quiet plus great food!  

Restaurant: Tonkatsu Shotaro
Address J: 東京都渋谷区神宮前1-6-12
Address E: Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Jingumae 1-6-12
庄太郎,  とんかつ, 原宿, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, pork, cutlet, foodie, Sony RX100, tokyobelly, lunch, yelp, 






No comments:

Post a Comment