Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, October 21, 2013

TOKYO SKY TREE TOWN: Rokurinsha for Tsukemen,.. hugely popular but why?

I finally had a chance to climb Tokyo Sky Tree and a ramen foodie friend of mine (a lady~) said that one of her favorite ramen spots was Rokurin-Sha.  

Randomly found it and had to reconfirm with another die hard ramen foodie... he said it was wildly popular. Sooooo I had to give it a try!


Ramen menu is also in English.

There are 3 choices but I went for the basic 850yen Tsukemen "Atsumori" (with hot noodles).






Noodles were nice and thick... had a bit of al'dente vs chewy.

The soup was a bit too watered down for me... I tend to enjoy more muddy soup that clings to the noodles.  

2 pieces of tender char-siu.

First ramen spot I've seen to that had a nice clientele of grannies, young couples, girls and the usual salarymen/guys.



Wow...  looks like there are times the line extends around the shop and down the hall.  Count me out for that line...

Overall I really wasn't very impressed.  I think I'd take Tsukemen TETSU or Menya SanMaruGo over Rokurinsha any day of the week.  

Restaurant: Rokurinsha
Rokurinsha Website: http://rokurinsha.com/index.html
Address J: 東京都墨田区押上1-1-2 東京ソラマチ 6F
Address E: Tokyo, Sumida-ku, Oshiage 1-1-2, Tokyo Solamachi 6F
MAP:

View Larger Map
六厘舎, TOKYO, スカイツリー, タウン, ソラマチ店, スカイツリー タウン, 押上, つけ麺, ラーメン, Japanese, noodles, ramen, foodie, blog, tonkotsu, tokyobelly,

1 comment:

  1. You finally got to a venue in the sh!tamachi side of Tokyo. {old IRC habit, swear words got you kicked}
    Many of my stays in Tokyo had me staying at a hostel in Sumida-ku. The Google™ map of the venue discloses 'Asakusa Smile', which was one, and which used to be run by the Khaosan Group. It is still OK.
    I will go out on a limb and utter that many residents of Tokyo seldom got to this area before the Sky Tree was erected.
    Believe me, carrying a bag loaded down with artifacts from Japan to either of the two Toei Asakusa Line subway stations leading to Aoto, and the transfer to the Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport was stressful, but I managed.
    I will keep coming forward in your weblog, but this is it for me tonight.

    ReplyDelete