Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, December 5, 2011

OMOTESANDO: NALU 76 Cafe for a hint of Mexican and Hawaiian :)

On a late Sunday afternoon in search of a place in Omotesando without a wait... well its all about timing as Japanese are out and about in waves on the weekend.  But what ultimately caught my eye was the Taco Rice (a huge fan) and the Loco Moco (yeah, got my MBA in Hawaii)~.

Went with one Mexican Rice Gratin with Salad and my Taco Rice~.  Every order comes with a small radish soup and a choice of coffee or oolong tea. 

The Mexican Gratin was nice... topped with melty chedder cheese and chili... yup, that ever so rare chili spotting in Tokyo is a delight.

My Taco Rice topped with an egg and the beef under it was just like taco meat from the US... very very flavorful.  It wasn't very filling but tasty.

For an extra 200yen you can try the daily cake special in a shop that regular cakes/pastry goes for 500yen.  It was NY Style Cheesecake with a very secret ingredient.  I immediately knew what it was when I started coughing profusely with one little bite... there was a heavy dose of black pepper in this... why why why?  Needless to say I attacked the bottom later of tasty crust and said farewell to the peppery cheese.

Interesting concept NALU Cafe is... there is a beauty salon in the basement and 2nd floor of the property.  I noticed a very beauty salon smell rising from the basement... didn't know it until I took a peek downstairs.  Don't expect too much from this place but it will slightly fulfill your Mexican craving.  The lowly ranking of 3.06 on the foodie ranking website is painfully low but I guess there are better options in Omotesando.

Shop:  NALU Cafe Omotesando
Address J: 東京都渋谷区神宮前4-9-2 神宮前MMビル1F
Address E: Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Jingumae 4-9-2
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment