Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

KOJIMACHI: Salon De Kappa... great atmosphere but volume lacking.

Curry on my mind... so how to satisfy this craving.  Of course I could hit up a very easy choice CoCo Curry or even wallet friendly Kojimachi Curry but this day decided to pass on the franchise shops and check out Salon De Kappa.

Beef curry starts at 750yen (with water) all the way up to 1,500yen for their Mix Curry (includes salad and drink).

Daily specials posted outside...Hamburger, Scallop, Veggie etc.

Interior was exceptionally clean.

Original paintings on the walls.

The waiter and possibly owner of this shop provided great service (older gentleman pictured on left).  He suggested I either try the Beef Curry, Beef Curry with Gouda Cheese and egg topping (+100yen) or the Rosu-Katsu Curry.  Very attentive and asked how I enjoyed the meal afterwards.

And so it arrives... first impression... volume was lacking even in Japanese standards and it surely will leave me hungry.


The one cube of beef in the curry was inconsistent... normally beef in curry has been cooked long enough to have some tenderness but this was rather tough and dry.  Curry hits you with a sweetness and part way through the spice will kick in... but after finishing my order I still felt hungry. 

Nice selection of BGM.

I doubt I'll be back to Salon De Kappa anytime soon but the foodie score of 3.63pts was my attraction.  In Japan when lunch always comes with salad, drink and possibly a small dessert this spot simply lacks the attraction for lunch goers.

Shop: Salon De Kappa
Nearest Station: Kojimachi 
Address J: 東京都千代田区麹町3-5-5
Address E: Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Kojimachi 3-5-5
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment