Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DAIMON (Hamamatsu-cho): Hijiri-Tei... Home Style Cookin~.

Daimon...Daimon.. what's good to eat in Daimon.  If you are new to a town and don't know where to go then why not check out Japan's top foodie site Tabelog for a few hints.  We decided to hit up Hijiri-Tei for a nice fish lunch but there were a other great choices on the menu.

Lunch Menu.

Three small dishes and a bowl of rice come with your lunch selection.

Mari picked the Minced Chicken meat balls with Tofu and little quail eggs.

I looked around before making my choice and all the Salarymen were eating the "Menchi-Katsu" so I went for that.  Great crispy breading and very juicy...



Choice of Miso Soup or Natto Miso Soup... no Natto for me~.



The atmosphere was very old skool Japan... counter seating for about 5 shoulder to shoulder, tiny tables that seat from 2-4 people, lots of Sake along the wall and a little old guy doing all the cooking.  I'd classify the food as home cooking and both dishes were very good... I'll definitely go again.


Shop: Hijiri-Tei.
Address: 東京都港区芝大門1-8-4 Tokyo-to, Minato-ku, Shiba Daimon 1-8-4
Map:


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment