Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, August 14, 2020

OKINAWA NAHA: Mazemen Mahoroba! I finally went thanks to Coronavirus... there is always a line. (Sony RX100)

I was always curious about Mazemen Mahoroba`s Taiwanese style mixed mazesoba ramen but when visiting Okinawa I tend to stick with the local Okinawan Soba because I can get this locally in Tokyo.

BUT after eating too much Okinawa Soba it was time to give this place a try.  There is always a line of tourist here but this night I pretty much had the entire place to myself. 

Seems the tourists like the cheese topping +100 yen but I went for the standard Maze-men. 


You can select 200 grams, 250 or 300 but it will cost you an additional 50 yen to upgrade to 380 grams.  That just right portion without being stuffed is all 200 grams for me... would later regret my choice. 




Big pot... not sure whats boiling in there.






Some toppings. 

Self serve tea.

Endless Love on the BGM... lots of 70`s 80`s american music. 


Of course when a restaurant carries Red Star Sapporo lager beer its a must! 


So nice to get a egg seaweed soup with the noodles. 


I ordered the 200 grams but it seemed it was almost like 150 grams... but the flavor was such a refined buttery creamy good!  I totally wished I ordered the 300 grams... so yum. 

After you finish your noodles ask for a scoop of rice to mix the remaining ingredients into it. 


Unusual but the chef was a lady!  Talked to the staff a bit... super nice. 




Now I know why there is always a line here.  A MUST GOOOO!!!

Restaurant: Mazemen Mahoroba
Address J: 沖縄県那覇市牧志1-2-17
Address E: Okinawa, Naha, Makishi 1-2-17

まぜ麺マホロバ, 台湾まぜそば, ラーメン, 油そば, 台湾まぜそば, abura soba, 沖縄都市モノレール, 美栄橋, Japan, Japanese, foodie, yelp, sony rx100, tokyobelly, noodles, lunch, dinner, naha, kokusai street, okinawa,

No comments:

Post a Comment