Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

OKINAWA NAHA: Don-Sushi Maguro-Ya Revisited! They sure do have a monopoly here. (Sony RX100)

I visited the Tomari Iyumachi Seafood Market with my uncle in 2017 after my mother passed away... he would later pass away the following year. 



 
I`m back in 2020 to revisit the only restaurant in this whole fish market!  They sure do have a monopoly but I think you can get a better cut of fish at all the fresh fish stands in this facility.

Breakfast specials!  So wanted to Maguro~Ochazuke... but I was too late.


Lots of items sold out at 2pm so revisited the standard Maguro-Don (Tuna bowl). Because if they serve quality tuna then you can guess everything else will be great. 

Soup comes with your lunch set.  I went for Ara~jiru (Fish Bone Miso Soup).



650 yen!  Soup, mini seasoned fish and my tuna bowl


Umibudo!  Ocean grapes.


The quality of the fish seemed fresh but a bit different from the Maguro I have had in Tokyo.  Think this is more of a warm water local Tuna vs cold water tuna served in Tokyo.  Just my guess.





Blocks on blocks of fresh Maguro at the market.  

Colorful Okinawan fish.

There are angel wings in the area!  


After lunch took a walk around the fishing boat dock... didn`t spot any stray cats this day.

Restaurant: Don Sushi Maguro-Ya Honten
Homepage: http://www.tomariiyumachi.com/shop7.html
Address J: 沖縄県那覇市港町1-1-18 泊いゆまち
Address E: Okinawa-ken, Naha-shi, Minatomachi 1-1-18

丼・すし まぐろや本舗, 海鮮丼, 寿司, 美栄橋, 58号線, Sony Rx100, Okinawa, foodie, seafood, tokyobelly, yelp, maguro, tuna bowl, fresh, fish,  Japanese, sashimi, tsukiji, 美栄橋駅, 泊いゆまち

No comments:

Post a Comment