Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, September 30, 2016

ROPPONGI: Gatten Sushi... this night with my good friend and a special guest. His Tinder Date! Oh my...

September 31st is one of my good friends B-day and since he didn't have a plan for sure I was going to have some bday drinks with him.  We decided on Gatten Sushi... but he mentioned someone may join us. 




We got a very cozy booth on the far right.  Definitely recommend this spot as its very private and away from the smokers seating on the opposite wall table area.

The automatic appetizer if you order alcohol.

And so this girl arrives.. I start speaking Japanese but she had a blank face. Oh, she is from Hong Kong and currently working in Tokyo.  This was my friends mystery Tinder date.

Of course I am all in for the 130yen Tuna... the front row is all me.





This girl was very interesting... she didn't blink an eye when ordering the 500yen a piece uni.  She mentioned that she just orders what she wants and never looks at the price.  This is nice if you offer to chip in a little but there was no offer from this gal.



Lots of fun rolls.

For the first time ever I tried the fatty tuna rolls.  Had a very nice texture and a bit oily almost... if you squeezed this I'm sure it would drip a bit of fatty tuna oil.


Unfortunately my second order of Maguro was a bit wet and looked like it was defrosted incorrectly.

There was quite a bit of watery blood on the plate... hmm... first time ever to see this at Gatten Sushi.

We mentioned the bloody tuna to the chef and he apologized and brought out 3 free tuna's.
The service here is spot on great.

You have to try the little fried fish... that was good with beer.

Anyways this was a very interesting evening.  I had no idea this was a Tinder girl until I realized that my friend was asking some very basic questions... I had assumed it was just his friend who was free for dinner.  I haven't use the app before but it sure is a fun way to meet new people.

Restaurant: Edomae Gatten Sushi Roppongi Branch
Address J: 東京都港区六本木6-1-3 六門ビル 1F
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 6-1-3

江戸前がってん寿司 六本木店, 寿司, 魚介料理, 海鮮料理, 創作料理, がってん, canon s120, tokyo, japan, japanese, foodie, sashimi, sake, beer, cheap, yelp, tokyobelly,

No comments:

Post a Comment