Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, July 25, 2013

ROPPONGI: Menya San-Maru-Go for 500yen Tsukemen!? 600yen Ramen!? For Realz!

I've been meaning to visit this respectably highly ranked Menya SanMaruGo for months but my time in Roppongi normally begins with beers... beers... and ends with more beers so I tend to wander into the more convenient Tsukemen TETSU in Roppongi Hills. BUT...

I had a meeting in Midtown Tokyo and thought I'd give this spot a try!  There are 4 totally different types of ramens, wow.  You have to be quite confident to pull this off successfully.  There's tsukemen that starts at a stunningly low 500yen, Ramen thats very "doro-doro" muddy muddy thick 600yen, 305-Ro Heavy Ramen like Jiro and finally a light Chuka Soba.

I wanted something on the cheap and without realizing the Tsukemen was only 500yen I pushed the "ramen 600yen" button.

5pm! I arrived at the open :)

The 4 different types... According to this the Tsukemen is the most popular.


All counter seating... 6 seats face the chef and 5 seats face the wall.

Your free toppings including garlic.

For female customers there are aprons and hair bands for the asking.  In YELLOW that's for those who order the Jiro'esque 305-Ro Ramen: Extra veggies, thick soup, extra fatty lard and garlic all for free.


There it is!  Doro Doro!  Super thick and very flavorful...  

Soup clings onto the medium chewy noodles very nicely.

Small blocks of tender pork.. some pieces were solely fat with little meat.

Overall 500 yen or 600 yen Ramen in Roppongi?! Unheard of for sure... Ippudo and Tetsu easily command 900yen and this is in their neighborhood.  I'll 100% be back to give their Tsukemen a try!

Bought 3 Summer Jumbo Lottery tickets... wish me luck on the USD3Million!

Restaurant: Men-Ya San-Maru-Go (305)
Shop Website: http://www.menya305.com/
Address J: 東京都港区六本木7-13-10 ジャスマック六本木館 1F
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 7-13-10
MAP:

View Larger Map
めんや, 参○伍,  さんまるご, ラーメン, つけ麺, 六本木, Japan, Foodie, Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment