Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, July 19, 2013

ROPPONGI: La Cocina Gabriela Mexican Taco's LUNCH! Super friendly!!


Was on my way to the new AS Classics Diner in Roppongi Hills for a burger but this sign lured me in for some Taco's.  Mexican in Tokyo usually dissappoints but I was willing to give it a try!


Interior was very comfy with some great Mexican music on the BGM but what I most remember is the super friendly elderly Mexican lady who greeted customers and took care of water refills/cleaning.

Went for the very top item on the menu: 
Tacos de Res con Pico de Gallo / Beef Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo


Choice of cold tomato soup or hot French onion soup... I think Gordon Ramsey would scold the chef for the lack of cheese and non-marbleized onions.  When are we getting Kitchen Nightmare's Tokyo

Free Jalapenos :)

Japanese and perhaps Mexican chefs.

There it is!  Visually I didn't know what to make of it.  I didn't know Taco's were do it yourself...

I was expecting something like this at my favorite Taco Truck "La Isla Bonita" in Los Angeles.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-isla-bonita-venice  Dream on Steve!! This is Tokyo...

The steak was very inconsistent... majority of it was hard, dry or rubbery... but a few pieces were tender.


Free refill's :)





I generally don't eat lamb except for the very occasional Indian Lamb Curry but she explained this 12 week old lamb was raised only on breast milk so it didn't have that distinct lamby flavor vs older lambs that eat grass.


Anyways... Service easily A+ but the food was mediocre at best and I won't be returning anytime soon.

Restaurant: La Cocina Gabriela Mexican
Shop Website: http://gabriela.jp/
Foodie Website: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1307/A130701/13148055/
Address J: 東京都港区六本木7-15-10 クローバービル 2F
Address E:  Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 7-15-10, 2F
MAP:

View Larger Map
ラ・コシーナ・ガブリエラ・メヒカーナ, メキシコ料理, 六本木

No comments:

Post a Comment