Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, August 10, 2020

OKINAWA SAKAEMACHI ARCADE: Benriya Iurorin for some cozy Shoronpo (xiao long bao) and Orion Beer! (Sony RX100)


With Coronavirus and my employment situation not quite sorted I seem to keep going back to  Okinawa due to the crazy low airfare on major carriers (JAL and ANA) and crazy cheap hotel rates during this pandemic!  Did a bit of hashigo (bar hopping) this night and one of the spots my friend local Okinawan friend took me to was Benriya Lurorin!  

Beer! Not draft or bottle but they just hand you a can!

Self serve water if you like. 

The young Chinese chefs seemed like university students.  They were endlessly making dumplings.  We arrive at 8pm (open at 7pm) so I assume they were preparing for the Friday night rush... Last order 10:30pm!

Caught the chef tossing one of the wrappers.


Here we go!  6 pieces for 750 yen. 




Nice and soupy inside... didn`t have the volume of my favorite Din Tai Fung but it really hit the spot.  http://tokyobelly.blogspot.com/2018/03/hong-kong-legend-of-din-tai-fung-yup-i.html


Friend took a date here and warned her in advance about the occasional cockroach that peek thru the drains.  Ugh... Had my favorite pair of OOFOS on with toes fully exposed to those rodents.   

Spider making its web in the shop. 

I sooo love local foods when I travel to Asia and this kinda reminded me of that.  It was not clean, the staff was not Japanese, all out doors in the arcade, no A/C but totally loved the atmosphere.  A MUST IF YOU ARE IN OKINAWA!  

Very close to the Asato monorail station or about a 15 minute walk from Kokusai Street Don Quijote / Starbucks.

I notice cats in Okinawa are so low stress and kinda mingle in the arcades.

Restaurant: Benriya Iurorin べんり屋 玉玲瓏
Address J: 沖縄県那覇市字安里388
Address E: Okinawa, Naha, Asato 388 

べんり屋 玉玲瓏, ベンリヤ イウリンロン, 餃子, 飲茶, 点心, ゆいレール, 安里駅, 小籠包, しょうろんぽう, シャオロンバオ, xiǎolóngbāo, Japan, Japanese, dumplings, soup dumplings, sony rx100, foodie, tokyobelly, yelp, foodie, dinner, pub, izakaya, sake, awamori, chinese, hong kong,

No comments:

Post a Comment