Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, August 13, 2015

ROPPONGI: German Snack Bar EX.... so cozy, so delicous and friendly German owner but not so friendly to my wallet :(

Asked my former German boss from CLSA what his favorite German restaurant was in Tokyo and he immediately said EX.  I wanted to hit up Bernds German Restaurant but it was closed for the Obon summer holidays:  http://www.berndsbar.biz/


The shop was a tiny space with counter only seating in a J shape.  I made a reservation for 6:30 and when I arrived it was a full house.  Of the 10 diners half were German.  As soon as you sit the nice Germany owner will hand you a cold glass of Bitburger beer.

There are no menu's and no prices... the little Japanese elderly waiter will verbally tell you what's available.  This night about 5 choices.

My friend and I both went for 1/2 sizes as we noticed the other diners had full portions and absolutely massive!  I couldn't believe the amount of meat they serve here.  We got the meatloaf and a very tender block of pork... almost soft like pulled-pork.  Veggies were all super tender and the meat melty good.

The other diners were having tiny shots of some German alcohol.  So for us... 1 small beer, 1 apple juice and 2 half size dinners for JPY 10,500yen.  It was very expensive for what little we ordered but I assume if you take the entire experience into account and if you miss speaking German this might be well worth it.  But for me it will be my last visit as I'll head to Bernds for my next German craving.

Restaurant: German Snack Bar EX
Address J: 東京都港区六本木7-6-11 ヴェルデ六本木 101
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 7-6-11
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/wLwMt

エックス, 六本木, ドイツ料理, Japan, Japanese, foodie, tokyo, canon s120, beer,

No comments:

Post a Comment