Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

IKEBUKURO: Taishoken sweet broth with slimy tsukemen noodles!

Taishoken is a spot I've heard frequently from my Ramen connoisseur buddy Kenta.  So for sanjikai to close the evening we hit up this popular location.

On the weekdays they will bump up your ramen portion to "Chu-Mori" 550 grams for FREE~.



We all went with 700yen Chu-Mori Atsu-Mori Style (Tsukemen with Hot Noodles vs Cold Noodles).

Free water


Quite a bit of noodles as I'm use to going for a minimal 200-300 grams.


I can honestly say the noodles were kinda slimy... when you added them to the broth they just slipped past your tongue with out much chewing.  I'm a huge fan of texture and this really lacked but the medium size noodles were a nice surprise vs thin noodles.

Broth was very very light... this might be the reason why there were so many young ladies here.

Garlic and Red Spice toppings.


Girls recommendations.

I probably won't be back but its definitely a ramen spot you won't regret venturing into...  Spacious, clean, female clientele and free upgrade of noodles.  

Shop: Taishoken Ramen - South Ikebukuro Branch
Address J: 東京都豊島区南池袋2-27-16 近藤ビル
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Minami Ikebukuro 2-27-16
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment