Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, March 29, 2012

YOTSUYA: Tala Kitchen for some 580yen buttery curry! A bit soupy but tasty.

I think Japan is most beautiful at the end of March and beginning of May when the weather starts to warm up and the amazing Sakura flowers begin to bloom...  looking forward to the next 2 weeks!

About 2pm... this sign caught my eye... simply because of the 580yen price point for curry of your choice, salad and nan or yellow rice.   Even with my hand full of groceries I had to check it out.

Was outside peeking in when the shop waiter stepped outside and said come in come in... oh no! I was spotted and ventured inside.

And there it was... my 580yen Butter Chicken Curry, Nan and Salad with sesame seed dressing.


The butter chicken curry was a bit soupy versus other places where its more creamy.  Rather than dipping this curry requires scooping with the nan due to its wateriness... but honestly for 580yen it hit the spot!  Oh as for the chicken... it should have been renamed Butter Curry with Chicken Bits~.

Nan... Hmm... I'm not sure if there are different versions of this via ingredients but it seemed a bit lower grade.    Hmm... can't quite explain it.  Perhaps eating instant pizza vs a pizzeria.

Small cozy interior.  Counter seating along the window for 4, counter seating facing the entrance for 2 and there were 3 tables.

Ash tray... never a good thing for me.  Luckily nobody was smoking during lunch.

My view from the counter seat.

Menu outside the entrance.  Tala Kitchen will definitely hit your spot similar to having a late day coffee or tea... but unless you are willing to pay 750yen for the double curry or 980yen double curry and 2 pieces of Chicken Tika it will only satisfy your craving for curry and will leave you feeling hungry.  Service was excellent  and water refills prompt... But I have never seen butter chicken curry for 580yen before so I may give it a go someday. 

Shop: Tala Kitchen 
Address J: 東京都新宿区四谷2-9-15 サンサーラ四谷 1F、2F
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Yotsuya 2-9-15
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment