Email me if you have Questions:

Sunday, April 1, 2012

AKASAKA: Burger King tricked me with their amazing food photographer!

If you are in search of a restaurant in Tokyo and are attempt by an easy Burger King burger don't do it!  There are soooo many great places in Tokyo to eat!

... but what caught my eye was the "NEW" BK RiNGO burger...  perfectly stacked with fresh lettuce, grilled tomato, what appears to be a patty with lovely melted cheese and with the 490yen set you get a choice of small drink, french fries or onion rings!  Against my better judgement this mouth watering photograph lured me in!

Oh yeah... I'm #24!  I can't wait!!

Hmm... the wrapper for the burger looked awefully small... much like the 100yen burger at McDonalds.


What!?  This thing was honestly smaller than a McDonalds 100yen hamburger... and if you decide to order it alone its 240yen (without drink and onion rings).  It did not look like the picture!  Ugh... and when I bit into it the yellow stuff wasn't cheese but a sweet yellow mustard dressing!  And do you see that lovely grilled tomato?  I sure didn't... ugh...

But honestly this place has great onion rings~


I left about 1/3 of my burger... I just kinda couldn't justify adding extra calories with all the mayonnaise hidden inside the burger.  Its a very comfy BK and located right next to Akasaka Station but... there are just too many choices in that 500yen range.  Anyways... I guess grilled BK flame broiled burger are a better option to McD's grilled burgers.

Shop: Burger King Akasaka Branch
Address J: 東京都港区赤坂2-14-28 鳳月堂ビル 1F
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Akasaka 2-14-28
MAP:

View Larger Map

3 comments:

  1. This was new for me!
    However the egg taste was still there which means the bun was slightly uncooked. Food Truck Catering

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! for me also it is new!but looks good
    easy vegan meals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, the thing with Burger King is that, if you know what is on the burger (or chicken sandwich, or Big Fish - which is really good), its motto is Have It Your Way. Indicate what condiments you prefer or do not prefer {When multi-language kiosks hit Japan as they are now here in the U.S.A., this will become much, much easier.}. Tell it "no mustard, no tomato, no mayo, heavy pickle". It should comply.
    With McDonald's or First Kitchen Wendy's, this would slow down every succeeding order. So they're hesitant to do this.

    ReplyDelete