Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, April 9, 2012

SHINJUKU: Cona Shinjuku Branch... think they hired a very inexperienced Pizza Chef.

Who doesn't love the amazing 500yen Pizza's at Cona!  I've been a regular at the Shibuya branches and my absolute favorite is Ura-CONA... but I now realize not all Cona's are equal. 

Shinjuku Cona has a great English Menu... 

... But just as a warning there are very little ingredients listed so if you don't care for Mayonnaise sauce in place of Tomato Sauce you should confirm with the watier~

All drinks are an easy 500yen and friend of mine went with the Atsu-kan (heated sake) that wasn't listed on the menu.

My trusty Guinness

Our first Mexican pizza arrived... visually it looked fairly undercooked and simply looked less appealing than any Cona pizza I've had in Shibuya.  One bite and I realized the center was still raw dough... hmm.

Spicy olive oil is always a nice kick.

Thats our Pizza Chef in the back with eye-glasses...

And our 2nd pizza came out... Avocado Pizza with yup Mayo sauce... oops, I shoulda double checked.  This was simply burnt all around and the center was raw.  Honestly the pizza chef at Shinjuku Cona really sucks.  They really need to send him to Ura-Cona for some training 

Inside was a full house but for the 500yen price point its probably a given.  Space is very tight but several types of seating... Counter, Long Table shared with about 10 customers and individual tables for 2-4 people.


I have never stopped at just 2 pizza's at Cona... but I just didn't want to eat any more burnt under-cooked pizza's.  I won't be back to support Shinjuku but will definitely only hit up Shibuya for my Cona cravings.  Should have taken the lowly 3.21 foodie score to heart.

Shop: Cona Shinjuku Branch
Address J: 東京都新宿区新宿3-11-12 永谷テイクエイト 1F
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Shinjuku 3-11-12
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment