Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, April 30, 2012

KOJIMACHI/HANZONMON: Sorano-Iro Ramen... colorful orange Vegi-Soba peaked my interest!

During my random scans of restaurants in Kojimachi this ramen shop always pops up with a very high foodie ranking of 3.86pts placing it in the TOP 5000 Tokyo restaurants.

The ramen selections are nicely pictured~.

After scanning thru the ramen pics on my iPhone I couldn't resist the bright orange 800yen Vegi-Soba ramen... Just had to give it a go~.  

Think what most attracted me was this beautiful orange color that's created by adding carrot puree to the ramen soup stock used for their standard Chuka-Soba.  The volume was much less than other ramen shops... seems he found just the right portions so people wouldn't leave any leftovers. 

L shaped counter seating and 5 tables along the wall for small groups and couples.

Few slices of char-sui. Nothing impressive but I assume the quality was better than most.

Flat noodles were very al'dente... color created by hints of Paprika.  Honestly it just felt like I was eating soupy pasta... 




Overall this place failed to impress me as the cost performance couldn't justify the 800yen price point terms of volume... So I can only assume the cost of ingredients were reflected in the price.  The atmosphere was extremely woman friendly as half of the clients were ladies... a very rare sighting at any ramen shop.   If your girl is craving ramen but fears of sitting shoulder to shoulder with salarymen or random slurping guys then this is the place to go.  Spacious and clean...

Shop: Shorano-Iro (Color of the Sky) 
Address J: 東京都千代田区平河町1-3-10 ブルービル本館1B
Address E: Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Hirakawacho 1-3-10
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment