Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

NAKANO: Fure-Tei... Japanese pancake/donut style junk food for the kids.


Before wandering to the wonderful world of small shops and a cool variety of tiny restaurant/bars that is Nakano you will notice Fure-Tei at the entrance of the Shotengai (open shopping mall/street).  I've always seen a line at this spot even during the few times I've visited Nakano.

Seems a few popular stars have stopped by for some sweets.

They have the traditional red bean filling but beyond that there is chocolate, custard creme, apple, mayo sausage, creme cheese etc...  It was definitely geared towards a younger crowd.


I went for the limited special Chocolate Cream filling for 120yen.

And there it is... stamped with a heart... Perhaps because it was White Day today.

Hmm... It won't impress you as my favorite Imakawa-Yaki Shop in Azabu Juban that beats this hands down in both flavor and texture but I guess its something kids would enjoy.  The batter was as soft as a pancake and the chocolate filling as creamy as pudding.

I won't be back but it just caught my eye and had to give it a try. 

Shop: Fure-Tei
Address J: 東京都中野区中野5-63-3
Address E: Tokyo, Nakano-ku, Nakano 5-63-3
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment