Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, August 22, 2011

SHINJUKU Golden-Gai: Krishuna.... Hummus! Falafel! Finally found you...

I've been wandering the back alleys of Golden Gai following my friend Terry thru the maze of small bars that can barely fit 6-8 people each.  He has his favorite spot called San-Tsubo but its a rock themed bar and with the only door closed its a smokey mess... yeah, i'm a non-smoker.
And so I decided to check my favorite foodie website www.tabelog.com to check out the rankings of the shops in Golden-Gai... and I hit on Krishuna with a solid 3.52 foodie ranking.

Now... the interior is so comfy.  But my main target was what I rarely see on any menu in Japan...

...Falafal!  Dude, in my 10yrs here I have NEVER found falafal... 


And there it is... this was sooo good... we went for 2 orders.


And of course... Hummus!  A must... another dish I will be back for.

and finally a light serving of french fries with tasty bagna cauda dip.


When you sit down they will automatically give you some sort of mini-appetizer and there is a 500yen cover charge to enter the place.  Well worth it...

Fairly long bar counter if you come in alone.

Krishuna is on the 2nd floor of this building and on the outskirts of Golden-Gai.  After squeezing into all those tiny little shops it was great to find something big and relaxing... the seats were super soft and the service great.  Seems they have belly dancing and events here thru the month.  I'll definitely be back!


Shop: Krishuna (Near Shinjuku Golden-Street)
Shop Website: http://krishuna.com/
Address J: 東京都新宿区歌舞伎町1-1-5 パレスビル202
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Kabukicho 1-1-5, 2nd Floor.
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment