Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, November 10, 2018

SANGENJAYA: Stamina Dojo Yakiniku... back for a lovely night of smokey bbq! A super foodie town!

And so I am back with my colleagues to that super smokey Stamina Yakiniku restaurant in Sangenchaya... this is truly a foodie town!  Soooo many many small restaurants.

Table was set with a few items...

Gas grill used here.




Sliced Beef Tongue called "gyu tan"... a favorite among Japanese.



This is not just a normal yakiniku bbq place but they also serve alot of those interesting organs... I am not too much of a fan because they can be excessively chewy.


Tonights team.


My absolute favorite and the only meat dish I enjoy here is the harami.  I'm more of a kalbi, rosu and harami guy...


More interesting body parts...

Owner suggested we just grill this for a few seconds... even raw was good he said.  But this sure was soooo chewy, couldn't cut into it with my teeth.

Love raw yukke... but this beef was just so impossible to bit into.  I was totally chewing it like a slice of gum for a few minutes.  Total pass...

Yup smokey smokey... hmm... 

Not sure if this is gobal but chef duties are always handled by the youngest person at the table.  This night my colleague from Okinawa was busy busy.

Tonights team with the owner and me after a few too many whiskey hi-balls... oh boy.  I really wouldn't recommend this spot but the elderly husband and wife team were super nice.  Very old skool... why not.

Restaurant: Stamina Dojo 
Address J: 東京都世田谷区三軒茶屋2-16-5
Address E: Tokyo, Setagaya-ku, Sangenjaya 2-16-5

スタミナ道場, 焼肉, 西太子堂, 西太子堂, Japan, Japanese, bbq, meat, beer, sake, canon s120, foodie, tokyobelly, Tokyo, kimchee, korean, korea, sony rx100

No comments:

Post a Comment