Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, February 17, 2014

EKODA: Rahman Yahman for a Japanese Jamaican infused ramen... hohum... zzz...

I finally finally ventured into the shop with a staff of dread heads and afros!  This has always been on my list but its between stations and with Ramen Jiro, Hagan and Maruyoshi near by its a tough trek.

Went for the basic 650yen RaHAmen (aka Ramen).  It was spelled cleverly I suppose but didn't realize it until the aftro man pronounced the "HA" distinctively. 


Secret menu items behind the plastic menu's!  They didn't have any of the "Zannen Tamago" this day.


Reggae on the BGM

More secret item... Garlic Rice.

Menma (seasoned bamboo slices) rice bowl.

L shaped counter seating... while I was there a pretty college girl was snapping pics of her ramen, a few college guys and a mom & daughter team entered as I left.  

One 650yen Shoyu ramen...

Soup not much impact... tasted like any standard shoyu soup in any random ramen shop.

One piece of char-siu pork... thin, not tender, boring...

Noodles were on the thicker side... think thick round pasta noodles a bit al'dente.  Again very average.


I loved these super slippery green rasta chopsticks!  My noodles kept sliding all over the place and for the first time ever in my life I lost a noodle as it shimmied itself down the chopsticks on to the table. 

Overall this place is scored rather highly on Japan's foodie Tabelog website but it was sooooo incredibly average and even more unmemorable.  I might go on the off chance of sitting next to cute university girl but other than that I don't think I'd go even if it was for free... well maybe.

A very nice Mercedes SLS AMG Convertible Roadster spotting in Ekoda. 

If in Ekoda don't forget to check out the Nihon University College of Art exhibition.






Restaurant: Rahman Yahman
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町22-1
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakaecho 22-1
MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/p2mL4

View Larger Map
ラハメン ヤマン, ラーメン, つけ麺, 江古田, 味噌, らはめん, Japanese, Japan, Shinsakuradai, foodie, tokyobelly, tsukemen, miso, shoyu, noodles, jamaica, 日本大学芸術学部美術学科, 日本大学, 日本大学芸術学部, Nichigei, Art school,

No comments:

Post a Comment