Email me if you have Questions:

Monday, October 21, 2013

TOKYO SKY TREE TOWN: Rokurinsha for Tsukemen,.. hugely popular but why?

I finally had a chance to climb Tokyo Sky Tree and a ramen foodie friend of mine (a lady~) said that one of her favorite ramen spots was Rokurin-Sha.  

Randomly found it and had to reconfirm with another die hard ramen foodie... he said it was wildly popular. Sooooo I had to give it a try!


Ramen menu is also in English.

There are 3 choices but I went for the basic 850yen Tsukemen "Atsumori" (with hot noodles).






Noodles were nice and thick... had a bit of al'dente vs chewy.

The soup was a bit too watered down for me... I tend to enjoy more muddy soup that clings to the noodles.  

2 pieces of tender char-siu.

First ramen spot I've seen to that had a nice clientele of grannies, young couples, girls and the usual salarymen/guys.



Wow...  looks like there are times the line extends around the shop and down the hall.  Count me out for that line...

Overall I really wasn't very impressed.  I think I'd take Tsukemen TETSU or Menya SanMaruGo over Rokurinsha any day of the week.  

Restaurant: Rokurinsha
Rokurinsha Website: http://rokurinsha.com/index.html
Address J: 東京都墨田区押上1-1-2 東京ソラマチ 6F
Address E: Tokyo, Sumida-ku, Oshiage 1-1-2, Tokyo Solamachi 6F
MAP:

View Larger Map
六厘舎, TOKYO, スカイツリー, タウン, ソラマチ店, スカイツリー タウン, 押上, つけ麺, ラーメン, Japanese, noodles, ramen, foodie, blog, tonkotsu, tokyobelly,

No comments:

Post a Comment