Email me if you have Questions:

Friday, June 28, 2013

SHIN OKUBO: Jongno Hottoku for Kimchee Cheese Korean pancakes... a first for me!

I was on the search for some Toppoki but this Korean pancake spot caught my eye... there were so many female customers ordering pancakes here. 



My friend and I were on our way to Ramen so we looked... thought... looked again... started to get a bit confused until these two ladies started talking to me in English on how good this stuff was.  So I couldn't resist!  On their recommendation I went with the Kimchee Cheese Hottoku pancake.

Asked the ladies why this spot was so popular and their response "Ikemen Chef ga iru kara" (because of the handsome chef)... oh, ok...


300yen!

Thus we passed on the Toppoki... but I think this other place looked a bit better



This little pancake was awesome... very chewy bread texture, the cheese and Kimchee was such a perfect match.  I'll definitely be back again!

Shop: Jongno Hottoku 1st Branch ジョンノホットク 1号店
ShinOkubo Website: http://www.wowsokb.jp/jongno1/
Address J: 東京都新宿区大久保1-12-6
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Ookubo 1-12-6
MAP:

View Larger Map
韓国料理, 新大久保, Japan, Tokyo, Korean, Korea Town, Foodie,

No comments:

Post a Comment